Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Best Part of My Day

The best part of my day is when I get home in the evening for bath time. The commute is long and therefore sometimes Daddy doesn't always make it home in time to see his boys. This has been especially true for the past couple of weeks as we pushed towards our deadline of February 29th. Well, today we officially wrapped up our work and that meant I was out of there as fast as my little legs would take me.


According to Mommy, the day started off really well. The morning nap was over an hour for each of the boys. After the nap, Jennifer had to take Cooper to physical therapy so that meant Caleb got to go as well. As I have mentioned numerous times before, the boys have gotten really good in the car. Almost too good as we can't keep them awake after some of our trips so we end up driving around so they will sleep. It really is amazing because they will sleep for an hour and a half driving down the road, but the act of putting them in their cribs while asleep wakes them up ready and raring to go. After PT, Jennifer had to drive around for about an hour so they would take a nap. Like I said, up until this point the day was going really good. After arriving home, Jennifer and the boys played until it was time for their daily walk with our news friends and neighbors. According to Jennifer, Caleb just wasn't digging the idea of a walk today so they had to cancel.


Eventually Jennifer was able to get them both to sleep for about 30 minutes and then it was time to go on a walk. I left work at 4:30 today after giving Jennifer specific instructions to keep walking until I could get home to give them their baths. Well, alls well that ends well. We gave the boys their baths and put them down about 6:30. We had a small spell with both of them about 9, but tonight has been good other than that. I am REALLY tired right now. So tired that I am going to predict tonight to be the first night in quite some time that they sleep through the night. They just have to know how much Daddy needs it.


FYI, we are headed to Lufkin this weekend. I will try to get a post in some time tomorrow, but no promises. So for all of Cooper and Caleb's fans, you will just have to be patient and let me catch up with plenty of pictures from Lufkin with Gran, Granddad, Mema, Papa and the gang.

No comments: