Tuesday, April 1, 2008

American Idol - Cooper Style


So here we are again watching another week of American Idol. The theme for this week is Dolly Parton and I think Dolly and Paula go the same Doctor because they are definitely popping from the same pill bottle. I am not really sure what that means, but I heard Mommy say something like that. Seeing that I am only 8 months old, all I really do is repeat what Mommy and Daddy think about American Idol.


Brooke - I thought it was good, but a little slow. She just doesn't have that next gear that you want some times. The folksy style was good and I really like the acoustic thing she had going.


David Cook - He sang some song about a sparrow which actually went pretty well. The only problem I have with DC is that he gets so much love for taking all these risks, but then admits that he just looks up the "risky" versions online.


Ramielle - GOODBYE! HOPE YOU HAD FUN!


Jason Castro - You can tell he was a little surprised to be in the bottom three last week and tried to put a little more effort this week in to his performance. I thought he did a good job and wont have to sweat much next week as he will not be in the bottom three.


David A. - WOW! This kid can really blow and it is freakin amazing how much the girls love him.


Kristi Lee Cook - You would hope that KLC would strive in the Country week. What does she do? Lays a total freakin' egg! Completely unforgettable and could have been done by anyone with a Karoake machine.


Syesha - Come on! "I Will Always Love You"! Welcome to Stereotype-ville! I will say that the whole sitting on the piano thing was a nice touch and she did a pretty good job, but the lack of originality with the song choice is going to be a problem. Sorry girl, you ain't no Whitney!


Michael Johns - Could there be a more out of place performer than an Aussie who has to sing Dolly. He definitely got it right! This was one of those songs that just has you tapping your toe through the whole thing!


So who is in the Bottom Three? Well, this week is going to all Ladies as Ramielle, Syesha and KLC didn't do enough to move past the people with talent in the competition. As stated above, Miss Malubay's run on American Idol will come to an end tomorrow night.

No comments: