Greetings from the Seely Household! I realize my blog post total has gone up over the past few weeks simply because I outsourced the actual writing of the blog to the boy’s Preschool Teacher, but I thought today would be a good day to give a little insight into what is going on with the Seelys.

First, Cooper has decided that naps are optional and we are currently working with about a 50% success rate on a weekly basis. This is completely unacceptable because even though Cooper is the sweetest little boy alive, he can be a handful on the days where he doesn’t nap. Jennifer finally decided that there are days where it just isn’t even worth trying to make him nap. She normally spends these days at the Zoo, but there have also been trips to farms, Lufkin, etc. to keep them entertained. The one saving grace of a no nap day is that they are in bed by 7 p.m. The really tough days are when Cooper doesn’t take a nap, but Caleb does. This means you don’t get a nap break and then Caleb isn’t tired at 7 when it is bedtime. Let’s just say that Daddy usually sneaks out of work a little early when this happensJ
Mother’s Day – Alright, I will be the first to admit that I didn’t live up to my lofty status as a sweet and caring husband for Mother’s Day this year. I won’t go into detail about the activities, but let’s just say there was no breakfast in bed and no flowers. (Side note: Thanks facebook for providing a readily accessible forum detailing everything every other husband did on this one day). I have a tendency to be a little too practical when it comes to these things and practicality and Mother’s Day are not intended to go hand in hand. Why you might ask? Well, that is a very simple answer. If there is one thing I have learned in the past few years is that there is no more selfless act than being a Mom. I truly do admire Jennifer because she does so much to make our family work and raise my kids. If you are trying to be practical, then it doesn’t matter how bad my day was at work because my day didn’t involve 2 screaming 2-year olds, puke, other bodily fluids, temper tantrums and everything else Moms deal with on a daily basis.
Perfect example: The boys have become quite the navigators in the car. They think they know wherever it is we are going and if you go the wrong way, then you are in for about 5 minutes of screaming, crying, and throwing of anything they can hurl. I completely understand this is typical 2-year old behavior and that my 18-year old won’t sit in a car seat screaming at the top of his lungs, but that doesn’t make it any easier to deal with on a daily basis. There may be some of you out there saying, “My kids have never done that”. Well, your kids may not be navigators, but there are plenty of examples of embarrassing and frustrating behavior to test your sanity. That, I am sure of. I am not trying to preach, I am just saying Mommies deserve more than just one day of pampering each year and if whatever you are doing on Mother’s Day seems impractical, then don’t worry about it because this is one holiday that deserves an over top, grand gesture.
This Mommy thing is truly a 24/7/365 job. My boys LOVE their Mommy. They talk about her all the time and there are times that no one else in the world is going to be able to keep them happy. In my mind, this means that these two perfect little angels know how much their Mommy loves them and she would do anything to keep them safe, happy and healthy. It may not always be easy, but she does it any way.
Thank you Mommy!
2 comments:
Amen, Matt Seely. Amen!
That just may be the most amazing, sweet, and accurate thing I've ever read on the internet. Great job, MS!
Post a Comment